Sunday 17 February 2013

Draft complete

Well, massage lady was not impressed with my knotty? back, but was a fabulouse massage all the same.

Thursday, finished my draft report!!!! LOTS to add and edit and a little more research to do, but all the same feels good.
Headed down to deep water point this afternoon to catch up with the Nuffield crew and go for a water ski. Was really nice afternoon, got to meet lots of people, and even got up on the ski's, FIRST go, yahoo. Arms were dead afterwards!! Then to top the day off, Shea arrived from home for the weekend!! Yippee. We went home for omellettes for romantic valentines dinner, THEN at 9.30PM some red roses arrive at thedoor. THey were meant to be delivered in the morning but the lady had been so busy that she had only just been able to deliver them then!!
What a lovely way to finish a lovely day, I am very lucky.

Friday was the WA Nuffield lunch, and I was a bit nervous, but I got my speech done, and enjoyed a beautiful meal at the UWA Club.
Phil and LInda Stahlman arrived from Kansas, US. THey are coming over for the weed conference next week. We wandered through the uni grounds, and even chatted to mike walsh from AHRI. We were then able to join the Nuffield crew for a drink, and Phil and LInda were able to meet some of them.

WE headed back to NOrth Beach, for fish and chips on the beach. It was a lovely night. Saturday, i took Phil and Linda to Wongan, we stopped at Nannas and had a drink before we headed to the farm. It was great to show them around our place, and talk about farming in WA. And so happy that I can look after them a little after they looked after me so well in Kansas. WE stayed the night at Mum and Dads on the farm, and had a good old aussie barbeque and pavlova for sweets. My Mum and Dad are the best!

Today we have got back to Perth and I have dropped the Stahlmans off at the Esplanade for the conference starting tommorow.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jemma,

    great to hear that you have finished your draft - isn't it a great feeling! Please say hello to Phil & Linda for me

    Kind Regards

    Murray Scholz

    ReplyDelete